Thursday, September 22, 2022

"Refugees get everything for free!"

The international organisation Doctors without Borders came to the aid of people who live in appaling conditions. In a refugee camp. In The Netherlands. And it's not a joke but a fact. One of the wealthiest nations in the world apparently can't provide food, water and shelter for a few hundred refugees.

The government has taken over 'the people''s (i.e. a few loud mouthing populists) narrative that 'the country is full!' Is it? So how come tens of thousands of other foreigners who come to live in The Netherlands yearly get housing immediately, a job instantly, loads of tax exemptions and in many cases they don't even have to learn Dutch? It's because this group of foreigners is called 'expats'. 

Meaning they came to the Netherlands mainly for financial gain and not because they flee from war or famine, more often then not caused by western greed. Like all capitalists, the current Dutch government loves people who are in it for the money. People who are starving may...well...starve. 

For people who may now think something in the lines of:
'Yeah, but my husband worked really hard for my pension and refugees get everything for free!',
I have created this meme:
 

Please excuse me while I sit back and enjoy the thought of racists smile at the title of this piece, start reading it and dropping the courners of their mouths.
===========================

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon
I just lost my part time job and am not making ends meet via entertainment because of covid, so a donation (click) is much appreciated:


No comments: