Thursday, March 31, 2022

Can you prove it's not true?

'Here's a picture with you and her. That proves you know eachother! So why did you lie when I said her name yesterday and you claimed you never heard of her?'

Easy. This picture was taken a long time ago. At one of a few hundred parties I worked at as entertainer. With two of several thousand people that share a picture frame with me. So no, I don't know who all those people are. Not even when one of them turns out to be a female 'Tinder Swindler', a famous politician, friends with a dictator or an unknown fashion designer.

Besides that: it has gotten very easy to change things in pictures. Here's a famous example out of the Ukraine/Russia war:

And if I can easily turn this

into this


in just a few minutes with a free app on my smartphone, just imagine what a professional editor can do with actual professional editing equipment.

We are constantly bombarded with extremely manipulitive words and pictures. Usually used as 'clickbait', just so an information channel can make more money by selling advertising space. Hidden between the highly suggestive editorials and ads, it's hard to find actual data. 

'Doing your own research' becomes increasingly difficult because most articles are written by people. And every single one of us is prejudiced. Or lying when they state they are not.

Perhaps we should have computer programs write every (news) article. Before you ask if A.I. can write articles without the reader knowing it's not a human: chances are you have already read several hundred articles that were written by bots. Computer code (click) takes factual data and gets increasingly better at forming whole sentences based on that data.

It's true. Bigly. My friend John can testify. Great guy. 

But wait! What if one day we won't read any articles anymore that outline the dangers of A.I....will that be the day that the robots have taken over?

=============================

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon
I just lost my part time job and am not making ends meet via entertainment because of covid, so a donation (click) is much appreciated:


No comments: