Thursday, April 14, 2022

If you boycot a racist, will he or she stop being a racist?

'I won't listen to her music anymore because I found out she's a racist! And I won't buy stuff from that company anymore because they support Black Lives Matter!'

What do consumers think their boycot will do? 'Oh, no! Mister Brown won't click on my songs anymore on Spotify! I'd better stop being a racist.' 'Oh, golly, we'd better stop supporting BLM because stupid white supremacists will otherwise only buy our shoes to set them on fire (click) while wearing them.'

The story of a man who actually set his shoes on fire while wearing them was later debunked. But still funny. So it was good satire, produced by the comedian who posted the picture of burning shoed feet.

Did you stop listening to Elvis songs when you found out he was a heavy drug user? So did you suddenly stop liking his music? 
Interesting fact: in 2027 Elvis' autopsy records will be released and we will finally know the real reason (click) of his untimely death.

If you love someone but found out he or she voted for 'the other guy', would that make you love him or her less? Than it probably wasn't love in the first place.

I still enjoy the music of Van Morison and Eric Clapton even though they are well known racists and Trump supporters (by the way: do you know of a Trump supporter who is nót racist? Or simply plain dumb?) and I still enjoy watching Andromeda or Xena, although they feature the dumb Trump supporter Kevin Sorbo (click).

Would you like it if people stopped inviting you to parties if they found out you do drugs (some one in five US adults has smoked weed at least once) or because a friend of yours was called out as a mysoginist?  

=============================

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon
I just lost my part time job and am not making ends meet via entertainment because of covid, so a donation (click) is much appreciated:


No comments: