Thursday, April 21, 2022

On the breaking of bread

Traditions like Iftar and Lent are a reminder to us that some have less then we do and it's good to think about those people. If only for a few days a year. It humbles us and reminds us that most of our problems fail in comparison to those of people who are really having a bad time. It doesn't hurt to share some of our riches.

Besides, food is always a great peacemaker. From ancient times 'the breaking of bread' together has been used as a way to get fighting parties together. As soon as people start to know eachother, they stop being afraid of the other one and because it's not polite to speak with your mouthful you have no choice but to listen. I just made that last one up but guessing you're getting my point. 




Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon
I just lost my part time job and am not making ends meet via entertainment because of covid, so a donation (click) is much appreciated:


No comments: