Saturday, June 11, 2022

I am (a short story)

He stood on the deck of the boat as the steel grey clouds tried to cover the blue skies. 
They failed miserably.



The wind and the water joined forces to unsettle his sense of balance 
but they too failed because he had never felt more balanced than now.

He looked at his fellow-passengers without seeing them 
and a hint of a smile touched his lips.

He suspected that he saw more than the lady his eyes had now found 
and thought back to the one-line poem he once wrote for his muse:

'Had I only the strength to open your eyes, 
only then would you see how truly weak I am.'
=====================================

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon
I just lost my part time job and am not making ends meet via entertainment because of covid, so a donation (click) is much appreciated:


No comments: