Monday, April 24, 2017

Why do people hurt other people?

While Picasso was living in Nazi-occupied Paris during World War II, one German officer allegedly asked him, upon seeing a photo of Guernica in his apartment, "Did you do that?" Picasso responded, "No, you did."

Which brings me to the point: why do people hurt other people? Especially since they know nobody wants to get hurt.

A lot of people (especially men) are afraid to show their emotions. They think it's a sign of weakness to show others you can be hurt. I think it's a sign of strength to show you're human because humans make formidable opponents.

It's emotions that drive us. So yes, I cried when Trevor Bolder died, bass player in my favourite band, Uriah Heep. He also was an original member of the late David Bowie's 'Spiders from Mars'.

So yes, you may express yourself when you're hurt and yes, you may ask others the reason for them to hurt you.

=====================

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00K4007NG

No comments: