Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Secrets (an envelope-tale)

Every house has its secrets.
So did the people who once lived here.

Every person hides secrets in a different way.
Some keep them to themselves, some share them
with a friend or family. While others
keep them in plain sight, letting others believe
they don't have secrets.

The family in this house had
kept their secret safe. In a safe. To be safe.
Save from the unforseen disaster
that made them leave
the old wooden closet
and the metal box


that was riveted to the bottom
and closed
without a key in sight.

Forever hiding the secret
that proved

every house has its secrets.

=============================

Here's me, reading this 'envelope-tale':

Would you like to support my work (I have read two whole articles of more than a page long and watched almost half a dozen videos so I could provide you with this information!)?  


Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon

No comments: