Thursday, October 15, 2020

COVID-19 isn't funny. Certainly not entertaining.

Next to a daytime job for three days a week I work on the side in the business of acting and entertainment. But with nightclubs and theatres closed and no large gatherings at weddings, company parties and so on, business is slow. Close to non-existent. Of course I miss the income but that's not all: 

The energy you get from a live audience is not the same you get from a screen. By far. It's like the difference between listening tot a CD and being present at a live concert: it's the same music but a totally different experience. Although it actually can be enjoyable to just close your eyes and listen to the music. It's just not the same. 

I miss it a lot: the audience, the colleagues, traveling to places you never knew existed, the pretty wardrobe lady who turns out to be a guy, the search for that one perfect hat you know you'll only use for that one performance and I even miss the paperwork and calling clients to please pay me because 'yes, I love what I do but that doesn't mean I don't have rent to pay.'...and nothing beats the smell of a crowded backstage early in the morning. 















 










And yes, I could use a little financial assistance: https://paypal.me/weijnschenk

(But I prefer paid work. If you know anything...)


=================================================================

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon

No comments: