Saturday, January 01, 2022

Her again (a short story)

'You can sleep at my place, we just bought a new sofa bed', she offered. He accepted gratefully since there were no night trains to his hometown.

Half an hour later she put the key in the lock of her front door and giggled. 'What's so funny?', he asked. 'I forgot that we ordered the sofa bed, but it hasn't been delivered yet.'

-'Oh', he said, 'what now?' -'You will have to crawl into my bed. But hands to yourself, eh?' she said with a mischievous note to her alcohol-hoarse voice. 

While she changed into her nightshirt he looked around in her room and saw, amongst other things, a handsome narrow double bed and her exciting shadow behind a folding screen. 


Not much later he settled comfortably next to her wonderfully warm body and enjoyed a much-deserved sleep.

Over a meagre breakfast she spat at him 'I thought you liked me!?' Unaware of any wrong-doing he reminded her of what she had asked of him. 

He never saw her again.

========================

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon

No comments: