Friday, April 03, 2009

Skywatch Friday

The sun is about to set. Taken around the corner of my place under this sky.
Note the flying creatures on the left of this picture. Easier to see when enlarged.


















The other day I was sipping a Guinness outside an Irish bar and took this picture of the church that was build to commemorate The Miracle of Amsterdam The original was destroyed in a fire and this church was build later on. I also happened to work here.
























Too bad my camera doesn't work to well in the dark but it may give you an impression of how wonderful the sky can look over the canal next to my place


















Same here. But this is what I saw when I stood at my front door last night:
The hook that's attached to a lot of Amerdam homes to aid with moving and a great moon.























From a bridge, less than a minute away from home I can see the Westertoren, the bells of which
gave poor German girl Anne Frank hope that one day things would be better and the world kept on turning


















Note: Every SWF-picture published here is shot with my trusty Nokia N93 mobile phone and is unedited. For more Skywatch Friday photo's from around the globe, please check http://skyley.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

Je hebt met je mobieltje toch knappe stadsgezichten gemaakt zo onder de strakblauwe hemel. In schemer en duisternis is het even wat behelpen natuurlijk, maar je kunt tenslotte ook niet alles hebben. :-)

Linnea said...

Those are great shots coming from your phone! You sure get to enjoy a variety of beautiful skies. The first shot makes me feel like I'm in a dream! Thanks for the fun skywatching!

Louise said...

I'm sure I could not get anything half as good from my phone. I really like the sparkle of the water in the canal shot.

Island Style said...

I love the sky over the canal one..the purple is deep and yes..I can imagine what else you must see here- nice pictures-

Girl Tornado said...

Sipping a Guinness outside an Irish bar... sounds like the perfect afternoon to me! And lovely photos, taken with your cell phone no less!