Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Illegal immigrants are not always Mexican

This whole thing about 'illegal immigrants'? I don't get it. Apparently it means that anyone who fails to show the proper documents but still resides in the USA is a criminal. So why are so few Canadians being held in detention centers? Around 100,000 Canadians live in the USA (click) on expired visas, simply came to live with an American partner and failed to register, opened a business there without telling the proper authorities or just walked across the border between Canada and the USA because it seemed a good idea at the time and there are hardly any checkpoints. Meaning illegal Canadians can easily steal 'American' jobs or live of American social benefits.

Who's stopping them?

Could it be they can easily get away with it because their skin colour matches that of the image of a 'real American'? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

And why is it that people who claim they hate foreigners always make exceptions? 'I hate all Mexicans except the guy from the taco shop near work'. 'I hate all muslims except my good friend from Saudi Arabia I have a nice oil deal with.'

 And speaking of illegal immigrants:
how did it all start?




Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00K4007NG

No comments: