Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Traditional marriage

When I hear people say they want a traditional marriage, I wonder if they know how many traditions exist around the concept of marriage. Do people realize 'Man marries woman, she wears white at the wedding in church, throws a bouquet and her uncle gets drunk at the reception' is by far not the only tradition? By the way: I couldn't find the passage in the Bible that states the above is the one and only true and traditional way to start a marriage. Can you?

However: these are the marriage traditions according to the Bible. Keep that in mind if you say you are in favour of 'The tradtitional Biblical marriage'. Are you sure you would want your daughter to marry her rapist? Deuteronomy 22:28-29 states she has to.



Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00K4007NG

No comments: