Thursday, August 19, 2021

Sorting and labeling memes

Often when I come across a picture - and especially when it's posted without context - I can't help to come up with a caption. And often I think of a soundbite and search for a picture to go with it. Often that's a picture of a cat. I publish these 'memes' and 'lolcats' on social media and more than once someone send me a picture of their cat: 'Could you come up with a text to go with this picture?'

Here are a few examples:
I found this picture on a site that collects remarkable pictures, found on Google Maps and immediately thought of a famous movie.

I often wonder about economics, religion and politics and turn my thoughts into memes.


Also, I like to help people think for themselves to give them something to ponder.

Above is an example of a cat picture send to me with the challenge to come up with a caption.



I really enjoy doing this and collected quite a few of my lolcats on a Pinterest board

Then I discovered Imgflip: an easy online way to create memes. And lolcats. My collection is forever growing and via Imgflip my creations are easy to share on social media. 

However: there are so much now that I find it difficult to use them to respond to a message. Whether that is on Facebook, Twitter or in an app-conversation.

So I'm looking for a way to organise and label them. Thusfar without much luck. 

Is there an easy way to label and organise memes to easily use them when appropriate?

Your help is much appreciated!

And if you don't know of a way yourself, it would be very helpful if you could spread my question. Thank you!
======================================
Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon

No comments: