Thursday, December 23, 2021

How should an apology be made?

It's almost the end of the year. According to the calender used in the white, Anglo-Saxon part of the world. Traditionally people contemplate their lives and maybe even realise they should apoligize for any wrongdoings.

When it's a genuine and heartfelt 'I am truly sorry, my beloved', that beloved person will know. If not, that person just may not love you back. Or is completely numb for signs like body language, intonation and facial expressions. 

Some recommend an apology to sound like this: 




Personally I would like an apology to be coming from the person him- or herself, not from a lifestyle coach or a behaviour therapist. It reminds me too much of the methods that pick up artists use when they practice in front of a mirror to look and sound sincere while they're preying on people they consider weak.


How would you like an apology to be made? And how do you apologize yourself?

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon

No comments: